DoTalk enables people around the world to communicate with each other, without the barrier of language.
Your use of the DoTalk services is your agreement to be bound by this policy and agree that we may collect, use and share your information as outlined in this policy, which may be revised from time to time. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions included in this policy, then you must not use DoTalk services.
Restrictions on Use
Individuals under the age of 15 may not use the services.
Users between the age of 15 and 18 (or the age at which an individual is no longer considered a minor in your country) must have the explicit approval of a parent or guardian to use the DoTalk Services. For these users, the parent or guardian must agree to all Terms and Conditions and Policies of DoTalk. That agreement binds both the parent or guardian and the minor.
We are committed to protecting minors.
We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any children under the age of 15.
Please contact us if you believe we have any Personal Information from any children under the age of 15 and we will promptly investigate (and remove) such personal information.
If you are found to be in breach of these terms, your account will be disabled and you may be reported to relevant authorities in your, or other, jurisdictions.
The Information we Collect and How we Collect it
By using the DoTalk services and products, we will collect, store and use the following information as it relates to you.
"Information" may be both personal and non-personal information.
"Personal Information" is any information or combination of information that relates to you and may be used to identify you. Personal Information may include:
"Location Data" is information we collect regarding your location, upon registration and when you use a location-enables service, including:
- Information provided to us on registration of an account to be used by you, including your name, contact details, country of residence and primary language;
- Information which you make available as you use our services and products, including Shared Information you make available to others through our services and information that you store by using our services and products;
- Shared Information that others using our products and services make available about you, including in posts, communications and messages to yourself and to others using our services;
- Information we collect as you use DoTalk services and products including location, log data etc.
- Country of use and primary language nominated on registration, as well as any language changes made by yourself from time to time
- The location of your device when you use our services
- The IP address of the device or internet service you use to access our services and products
- Other information made available by you or others that gives an indication on your locations, including posts, geotag information etc
- If you have provided us with your location data previously and would like us to delete such existing location data, you may be able to do so via our services, to the extent that the deletion of such information is possible in providing the services and products provided by DoTalk.
"Non Personal Information" is any information that relates to you but from which it is not possible to identify you, directly or indirectly, which may include aggregated and anonymous form.
"Shared Information" is information about or relating to you that is voluntarily shared on our sites, services and products, including information about you that has been shared by another user.
How we Use Your Data
We may use your information for any of the following reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Technical information including your mobile carrier, configuration information made available by your web browser or other programs you use to access our services and products
- Information about what you have searched for and looked at when using our services and products, including the pages visited, contacts searched
- Information regarding communications you have made using our sites, services and products including the people you have contacted as well as the time, duration and frequency of communications
- Metadata created during your use of our services and products.
Cookies, Log Files and others
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We and our affiliate companies may share your Personal Information within our group of companies and with venture partners and third party service providers, contractors and agents, in each case, for the purposes of
- To provide our products and services to you
- For customer service reasons, including security, verification and validation purposes, backup recovery and archival purposes
- To provide targeted services to you and improve the services and products you use
- To better understand how you use our sites, services and products to provide an improved, more tailored and relevant service to you
- To enable us to develop new services
- To determine the appropriateness, success or otherwise of any advertising that may be served on or in connection with our products, services and sites
- To enable you to participate in surveys, which are voluntary but may require additional personal, shared or general information about you and may be conducted by ourselves or by a third party on our behalf.
These parties may be located, use and store your Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction for these purposes.
We will allow third parties including analytical providers to collect your Personal Information over time and across different DoTalk sites, products and services when you use our services.
You consent to the use of your Personal Information in the manner described in this section.
You further agree that we or our affiliate companies may be required to retain, preserve or disclose your Personal Information
- Providing our services to you
- Assisting us in delivering the purposes as set out in "How we Use Your Data"
- Help understand and improve our services.
Sensitive Personal Information
Please be conscious of what you post and communicate through our products and services.
In some jurisdictions, certain Personal Information may be considered "sensitive" and as such is subject to stricter application of regulation than other personal information, including information regarding your race, origin, religious or philosophical or health data.
Content and information that you provide as input to our products and services, including files and images and personal history entries, may reveal your sensitive Personal Information to others.
Communications from Us
Your use of DoTalk sites, products and services is your agreement that we may use your Information to send you emails, newsletters or push notifications, to your device or desktop.
If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may unsubscribe for these services in your account setup, or via the link in the communications that we send.
You may also receive service notifications from time to time, including notice of server, services or site outages. These notifications may not be opted out of.
Third Party Services on our Services
You may be able to access third party services or products from our sites, services and products.
Transfer, Storage and Security of your Personal Information
We operate and may continue to operate, or lease, servers in a number of jurisdictions around the world.
We use a variety of tools to secure your data from loss, theft, misuse, disclosure or unauthorised access, however please be aware that despite our efforts, we cannot provide a 100% security nor availability guarantee.
The services that we use may be subject to security or service failures which are beyond the reasonable control of DoTalk and as such we accept no liability for these events.
In the event of a failure or breach, DoTalk will undertake to notify users of the event and remedy as soon as reasonably practicable.
Period of Use of your Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to request to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold and to request that we deactivate and not use any of your Personal Informaiton that is stored by us.
In the event that your account is terminated, by either yourself or us for any reason, we will take steps to ensure your Personal Information is no longer available through our services and within a reasonable time, subject to the limitations above.
Please note that where you personal information has originated or been shared through your communications and posts, you may have put your Personal Information into the hands of parties that we cannot control.
- In order to comply with applicable laws or regulations
- In order to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process
- In response to a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body, whether located in your jurisdiction or elsewhere
- Where we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations.